So I’ve eaten a lot of protein pancakes and most of them leave a lot to be desired. They either have super weird texture or taste like nothing. So after getting some Quest multipurpose I played around and came up with what I must say is a very tasty recipe. I hope you enjoy and tag me on Instagram (@franklytannith) I want to see your creations!
- 1 scoop Quest Multipurpose powder*
- 1Tbsp flour (I use regular or oat…I tried almond and didn’t like the texture of the pancakes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cinnamon (or more if youre like me)
- 1-2 tsp stevia or sweetener of choice I used swerve too and it came out great
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted grass fed butter or coconut oil cooled a bit
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup water or cashew milk
- Optional walnuts and dark chocolate chips (small sprinkle of walnuts and a few chocolate chips)
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl then in a separate bowl combine and mix all your liquids. Whisk together until no lumps remain. I end up adding more water because it is better to have this batter runny I have found. The pancakes turn out way better with a runny batter. So I add a little more liquid at the end till I’m satisfied with the texture.
I cook mine on our griddle at 350 until the under side is a nice brown. I top mine with a little butter and two tsp of coconut sugar as I don’t like syrup much. But if you are looking for a great sugar free syrup try Walden Farms although nothing beats just good ole fashioned Pure maple syrup on the rare occasion I do want syrup.
*note about protein powder I wouldn’t sub a different kind in here at the multipurpose is formulated for baking. So if you’d like to use another brand you might try looking for another recipe that you can do that with.