So I’m turning 29. Not particularly exciting as far as birthdays go but I love birthdays so I am excited as per usual. It’s been way too long since I blogged but it’s just been a busy time. And frankly I’ve been tired. I need to blog more I know I do…I will make that goal one.
1. Blog more. There now it’s sure to happen I put a number and everything. 😂
I love goals and to do lists and things that remind me that life is all about continuing to improve and change each and every day. I love knowing that in a years time I can have stopped a bad habit, learned a new skill and grown as a person. Goals also don’t have to be profoundly difficult things like “learn mandarin” which lets face it isn’t gonna happen. I’m still working on being fluent in Gbanese.
I have grown to like the person I am and I think that has come with aging. And knowing that the things I worried about and held myself to and swore other’s noticed don’t actually matter all that much. Lots of rambling I know I’m feeling reflective okay?
28 has been a good year. We have settled into our home, spent another wonderful year married and being the weirdest family around. We have traveled, spent time with family and I have learned to finally use my sewing machine. A gift I was given on my 19th bday. I am ready to bid 28 farewell and move into something new. So goals…
1. Blog more. Truly. No I mean it. Atleast twice a month.
2. Get good at sewing. Like actually good. Use a pattern, make a dress and own my skills.
3. Learn to yell less. I assume if my family doesn’t listen to me I just need to turn the volume up. While effective it makes me frazzled and stressed out to constantly be yelling like a physco.
4. Learn to give myself kindness. I am hypercritical of myself. To the point I beat myself up constantly. I have worked on this and struggled with it for a long time. I want to change my inner dialogue. I want to treat myself with the love and acceptance I deserve.
5. Spend more time with my husband just the two of us. No kiddo, no phones, no distractions. Just some time to stay connected. There is no relationship I treasure more than the one I share with my husband. He is my world. I want to make sure I always make that abundantly clear by showing him with my time and attentions.
6. Learn a new skill. I have a few ideas and most are craft or food related. I’ll keep you posted.
7. Get back to church. It’s time. Watching sermons online is great but you lack that community.
8. Stop telling my son “I’m too busy” as much. I won’t have him at home with my forever. Eventually he won’t want me to stop and just be with him.
9. Start looking into what I want to do when the day does come that he goes to school.
10. Laugh. Like a lot of laughing. Life is hard. Being a person is hard. But laughing and being silly and being my unique, weird, loud and overly talkative self is what brings me joy. I want to keep on growing into her and letting myself be okay with exactly who I am in each moment.
I found a picture of me on each birthday from 21-28.
And here’s what 29 is looking like 😀
Can’t wait to add many more pictures and years to my life. Thank you to everyone who does this journey with me. Mum and Dad thanks for loving me at every stage. Tony you have helped me grow into this woman and you have loved every part of me. Bb thanks for just helping me get thru the days…you are a gem and make laughter happen often. To the rest of my wonderful friends and family I love you.